41st WCSC (World Chess Solving Championship)
08 & 09 August 2017:
- Director: Axel Steinbrink (GER)
- WFCC-rules for WCSC apply
- Registration: by national team captains on Sunday, 6 August 2017
Download some WCSC statistics.
Open Solving 07 August 2017:
- Director: Luc Palmans (BEL)
- Twelve problems (#2, #3, #n, +-, h#, s#) to be solved in two rounds of 90 min
- Registration: on spot by Sunday, 6 August, 22.00
- Registered participants (as of 22 July 2017)
- Director: Pavel Kamenik (CZ)
- Nine fairy problems to be solved in 120 min
- Fairy pieces and conditions that may feature in the tourney:
Grasshopper family (Grasshopper, Rookhopper, Bishophopper), Chinesse pieces family (Leo, Pao, Vao), Nightrider, Rose, Circe, Madrasi, Patrol chess (Patrouille), Maximummer, Take&Make, cylindric and ring boards, series helpmate or helpstalemate.
- Registration: on spot by Wednesday, 9 August, 18.00
- Download problems and solutions.
- Download preliminary results.
- Director: Thomas Brand (GER)
- Nine orthodox retro problems (illegal cluster, resolve the position, proof games, retractors, …) to be solved in 120 min
- Registration: on spot by Thursday, 10 August, 22.00
- Download prelininary results:
1. Michel Caillaud, 2. Georgy Evseev, 3. Peter van den Heuvel
Find here the (unchanged) final result.
- Download problems and solutions — attention, no 1, 3 and 8 found to be incorrect!